Friday, May 22, 2015

kissin boo boos and cuddling sick little ones

Well the week seemed to start out ok. We went to the park over the weekend and played out side while it was nice. Our youngest bot wrecked his little scooter and got road rash down his side and a bit on his arm, and our youngest daughter fell and scrapped up her knees :(  Our boy was mad more than anything that he wrecked his scooter, didn't like the way the road rash burned but was right back out playin. Our daughter on the other had, was quite upset. She came running for me with big crocodile tears in her big brown eyes. It made me so sad. She doesn't usually react like that though, if anything she wants to wipe her hands on my pants of for me to kiss the boo boo, so I started to suspect then that she wasn't feeling 100%. Over the next few days both our girls allergies were terrible, to the point of them not being able to sleep great at night because of drainage, running fevers and just wanting to cuddle, and of course I obliged lol. Its going into a long weekend here and there both finally back to normal, well pretty much. So here's fingers crossed!!

Last week I did challenge myself to use my May hip kit and stop hording and holding back on my pages and to see what I could get done. Well with everything going on I managed to get 6 layouts done!! I was proud of myself. If I could have scrapped every night I would have had more done but its ok, I got little one cuddles. Not only did I have the sick little ones, I got a new desk and had to re arrange my whole scrappy room too, but loving my new desk and our boys took my old desk for there room,lol. They said it would be somewhere for them to do there homework and to scrap too.


Well I have a few Layouts that I used mixed media on or tried too lol, now they need to sit in a page protector to platen out. I really need to get clear gesso. This picture of my daughter wasn't even edited, I just managed to take it just right! Well over NSD weekend when Hip Kit club had an online crop, Ashley Horton , she has the Cutshoppe, well she made a beautiful cut file for us that weekend and I didnt get around to using it, so I cut it out and instead of using the cuts, I used the negative to brush on some ink, love these cut files though and thought it was really sweet of her to do that for all of us!! Adding the yellow water color seemed to be to much for my cardstock, I should have done it a bit less at a time instead of all at once, lol Instant gratification and all. I need to breath and do it slowly.


I love how happy she is and she loves swinging now


And this is how our oldest daughter likes to swing,lol I love it!!




Daddy and daughter, wow this seem like forever ago, big bright eyes! lol Just hanging out with dad on the couch


Now this one was for a challenge on the Hip Kit face book page. It was so much fun. I love this kit, all of the kits Ive gotten so far!! And the new June kit looks beautiful too!! Cant wait to play with it, but I still probably have another 5 maybe 6 layouts left in my May kit! Its amazing the amount of things that come in the kit!

Well everyone I hope you have a safe and fun weekend!! Not sure what were doing yet but it'll be fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment