Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Today was Awesome / Hip Kit Club CT

Good morning everyone!! Monday is over, whoo! I just found out today that this is a short week for my kiddos at school, this is a good thing, I just want to find something for us to do now lol. More notice is nice but we just may have a movie marathon one day, don't know lol

But I am here today to share a layout I made for the Hip Kit club creative team. This layout was inspired by the October mood board that was posted on the facebook page. And is here below.


I pulled from a lot of the colors in the mood board and the big arrow, but I did mine a light teal. I grabbed a piece of American Crafts Kraft cardstock from the cardstock kit and started layering. I wanted to use the arrow cut file when I saw the arrow in the mood board, so I grabber the Pebbles, Jen Hadfield, DIY home paper Blue skies and cut it out and then grabbed some twine from stash, laced it threw the little holes on the end of the arrow and then wrapped it around the end, just to add some texture. I layered a few pieces of Jen Hadfields washi paper behind the arrow, I liked the colors and thought they went well with the mood board. I used a piece of the American Crafts fountain cardstock to cut another citfile to layer behind the photo. I then went in with some of my scraps and started layering behind the photo. 

I used one of the exclusive stencils in the kit and the Prima water color pencils on the background. I wanted a bit more of the black and white from the mood board so I grabbed another piece of the DIY home paper, ribbon stripes, and cut a strip for the top and bottom, added some coral ombre scalloped paper to both and then started to layer the pretty little embellishments.


Now I know there are so many pages out there that are titled something like this and no every day isn't awesome but man was this day Awesome!!

I hadnt seen my brother in years and he came up to help drive my parents down to Florida. My brother and his fam live there and my parents were moving down too. But I actually got to see him and hang out with him for 2 days and my youngest got to meet him and she loved him. So to me this day was truly AWESOME! I cant wait to see him again and his family and my parents. Face timing is now a big friend to us lol



Sorry back to the layout!! lol But I did make sure to add some Simple Stories wood veneer pieces in for the wood in the Mood board and plus I just love them!! I layered some of the Jen Hadfield stickers, Pink paislee cedar lane, stickers and the cute little Heidi swapp, make pretty stuff stickers. 


Lastly I added my title and then that was it. I really hope you enjoyed my layout and I hope you head over the the Hip Kit blog and there facebook page for so much more inspiration!!

And dont forget to go check out the November kits and the December Daily kits that are up in the shop, they are so pretty and have some AMAZING exclusives in them!!




No comments:

Post a Comment