Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Good Cheer right here/ Peppermint mocha- BOAF

Hello everyone, I'm here this morning to share a few layouts I made with this months Birds of a feather kit.
I really love this months kit, the Basic Grey papers are fantastic! 
I really love them!! So having said that, I grabbed all the Basic gray Juniper berry papers and cardstock sticker sheet. I started this layout with cutting four squares as my "mat" for my photo. I did mat my photo on white cardstock, I sewed the four patterned papers down with some black thread and cut a doily in half and layered it behind my photo and adhered it all down. I grabbed a few stickers from the sticker sheet and added them, then punched a tab out of some of the wood grain pink paper and added it. I appropriately called this layout Peppermint Mocha, we got a hot one and a cold one that day and oh were they sooooo good! Anyways, I finished this layout off by adding a strip and some tabs at the bottom and then a few stickers and sewing them as a banner. last but not least a few splatters of tinsel Heidi Swapp color shine.


Now this layout is of my youngest daughter. She is amazed with the tree this year. Shes finally understating a but more, but she loves the tree and the lights, shes so fun to watch. 
I started with a white cardstock background, I knew I wanted my photo in the middle of the page so I put a few marks on the page around where I wanted my photo to go, moved it and sewed a few squares around where I had it marked. Put my photo back and clustered some thread under it. Then I decided I wanted to add a bunch of circles to the layout and so I went to punching them out, from all the Basic Grey papers and some vellum. I added them to the page here and there till I liked where I had them and started to sew on some of them, adding little clusters of thread here and there. 


After the circles and thread where I wanted them I added a few stickers from the sticker sheet and then a few paper strips to the top and bottom to keep it as a centered layout. I added some of the pretty gold and white striped washi and did a bit more sewing and thought I was done, but I love the little splatters, so I had to add some on this layout too!! lol I finished it off with some Gold Lame Heidi Swapp color shine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment