Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Hip Kit club CT/ Jammin to my tunes

Good morning everyone. Well this month had flown by, its crazy!! I cant believe we only have 3 more days till Christmas! So excited and also anxious! lol I still have so much to do!! But I have been taking some time out for myself with my scrapping. I've been playing with my December Hip Kits still because theres just so much to play with! And Im also moving along with my December Documented album, I'll share that later. But today I wanted to share a layout with you that I created using the sketch that Ashley Horton created for us over at the Hip Kit Club this month.


I think she did a fantastic job with this sketch and I loved it when I saw it and this was my take on this sketch! 
I had this picture of my youngest daughter and oldest son chilling and listening to music and I thought it would go perfect with these papers. I love the way this turned out and I love how my kids all love music so much.


I started out by playing with the cut file Ashley Horton made for Hip kit this month, but I made it to where I only had one of the pretty hearts. Then I grabbed my 6x6 Maggie Holmes Shine paper pad from the Embellishment kit and started tracing and cutting, I added a bit of that fantastic yellow dotted paper by Studio Calico, Seven paper- Elliot, I loved that paper!! After adhering them with them all down with washi tape I went to town with my sewing machine until I was happy with how it looked. I used a bit of Maggie Holmes shine, Divine paper to add a strip of that pretty hot pink to the top and bottom. I matted my photo on some American crafts white cardstock from the cardstock kit, then grabbed a few of the pretty print and cut files that Kim Watson had made for this months kit along with a project life card she created for the project life kit.


After adhering my photo down with some pop dots I started to add some embellishments. I started with my title out of those pretty gold Maggie Holmes alphas, then I added bits from the 12x12 chipboard sticker sheet, a few pieces from the Shine ephemera pack and then a little Heidi Swapp. I love the little note pads and loved the little bit of gold they added and then those freaking cute little rub ons!! Love them! To finish off I added a but of thread and some of those cute little wood veneer stars and that was it for me.




2 comments:

  1. Such an awesome layout! Love ur take on the sketch - and that stitching!!! 😄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome layout! Love ur take on the sketch - and that stitching!!! 😄

    ReplyDelete