Thursday, March 31, 2016

So excited!! Clique kits Guest designer!


Hello everyone!! I hope your week is going good, its almost Friday, So that has to be a plus!! lol.  I cant believe I'm guest designing for Clique Kits!! and oh man is this months kit so great!!
I created this layout with Aprils Origins kit. It is slammed pack  with the beautiful Simple Stories: Life in color!! There are bits and pieces from Carpe Diem.
IMG_20160330_153821
I started this layout by choosing my photo.
This photo is a few years old and has actually had a little bit of damage to it, but I love it! Our daughter use to love it when my husband would hold her life this, she was so small! 
I knew I wanted to use some of the softer colors on this layout and I was going to keep the photo in color and for me that might change my paper choice, but in this case, the colors in this kit worked so well with the picture it wasn't an issue. I started with the pretty Simple Stories: Carpe Diem, make it happen. That paper had all the colors I wanted to use in this layout, so for me it was the right place to start.
IMG_20160330_153858
I grabbed one of the pages that with cut a parts on one side and cut them down and into strips to add as layers. I wanted this to be a part where I could create a little cluster with the title. I didn't make the title really bold here and did that on purpose. I didn't want to put something large on here and draw away from the photo.
IMG_20160330_154015
I decided that I didn't want the background to be all white, so I decided to add some circles in a light pink. After I did the sewing, I actually started to stick things down. And for me that usually means I add more then what I thought I was going to, lol. I didn't add to much but I did change up some of the embellishments that I was going to add because it made the layout a little to heavy for what I wanted.
IMG_20160330_154100
When I thought I was done, it still looked like it needed a little something. I grabbed that pretty diagonal stripped paper and cut a little off for the top and bottom and that did it for me. This layout came together pretty easy for me, I think my sewing machine was the hardest thing, it didn't want to co-operate with me! But I won in the end! lol
I am happy to be here and be part of the Clique!! :)CK_SarahKing-01

No comments:

Post a Comment