Saturday, June 18, 2016

Be the reason /DIY embellishments/ HKC CT layout

Hello everyone!!
 I thought Id pop on tonight and share one of my last layouts made with the May 2016 Hip kits. 


I wanted to go with a colored background on this one, because I don't normally and I'm still in the process of trying to change that, lol. I loved this months kits, so many pretty things to play with!! I wanted to use the Illustrated Faith, She Blooms papers again. I love how bright and bold they are and just so stinking pretty!!
I started out with adding a thick strip of that to the bottom and a thin strip to the top and the opposite side of that paper to with the big dots. I added a tini strip of white cardstock above the floral paper on the bottom to add a bit of separation and then went to town layering behind my picture.


After I finished layering my papers from the Main kit, I grabbed a few little DIY embellishment clusters I had made and had put to the side. I have way more then just these three made but there the only ones I chose to use on this layout.
I loved this big cluster I did with the larger tag and then the smaller vellum one the opposite way. I started there with my cluster and then moved to some of the paper strips I had punched and some of the other shapes I had punched out of my papers. Then I went into the pretty HKC exclusive puffy stickers and grabbed that happy sticker out and added a blue cardstock from the cardstock kit and then finished it off with a few and Amal. Sand a wood veneer heart from JilliBean Soup. I added a few little flowers from the exclusives and one from The Illustrated Faith chipboard sticker on top of a cut file from this month.


I chose this cluster as the title because of the huge smile my daughter had on her face in this picture. She was just so happy and I thought seeing this will always make me smile. So be the reason someone Smiles today was perfect I thought. This was also another little cluster or DIY embellishment I made. I had punched out a bunch of shapes and punched a ton of strips of paper and it made it easy to sit there one night when I didn't feel much like doing an actual scrapbook page and still getting something crafty done.


I layered this one quite simply and thought it would be perfect for just a little touch at the top. And that made me happy with this layout and I was done.
I just know every time I see this layout I'll get a big smile on my face just from seeing the one on hers.

Well I hope you enjoyed my layout and I hope you're inspired to make some of your own DIY Embellishments. It's a nice way to spend some quality time when you're not at your full to actually scrap. And if you do decide to make some I would love to see what you do!! You can tag me on Instagram or comment here on my blog with your blog or wherever you share and I'll go check them out!
And make sure to head by and check out the hip kit Club blog and see what all the other DT members are doing and come join in on the fun, chit-chat and challenges over on the hip kit club Facebook page!!


No comments:

Post a Comment