Friday, July 15, 2016

12x12 So happy together / Hip Kit club CT

 Good morning everyone! Its Friday so I'm really hoping its a good day! Weekend starting, sleeping in (hopefully!) and nice weather!
To kick off the weekend I thought I'd share a layout I created for Hip Kits this week using the July 2016 kits and  mood board as inspiration.


Design team member Ashley Horton created this pretty mood board and I took my inspiration from the water color block in the top right and the pretty confetti in the top left.


I started out by pulling a sheet of American Crafts White card stock from the card stock kit and cutting it down to an 8.5x11 and that was the starting base for my layout. I matted that on a piece of white vellum, also in the card stock kit.
After that I grabbed a few of the Hip kit exclusive patterned paper, created by design team member Kim Watson. These were from the Main kit but you can also buy the paper add on kit to get more, since they are exclusive. I also used the Illustrated Faith paper from the main kit as well.


I took my punches from my stash and started punching circles out of these papers to represent my confetti. But I didnt throw them down haphazardly, I kept them lined up, but in no particular order. When I had them where I liked them I put a little adhesive down to hold them in place till I sewed them down. I added bits from the exclusive ephemera pack from then embellishment kit and sewed the circles and words down. 


I added these cute little houses since the layout was about one of my daughters and her daddy, cuddling up on the floor at grandmas to watch a movie, lol. But once I did that I added a frame to my picture, also from the ephemera pack and grabbed the Bella Blvd ciao chips for the title. I added a few gold rub ons from the project life phrase and icons set and sewed the 8.5x11 layout to the pretty water color looking paper as a background. And that was it, layout was done. 

I hope you enjoyed this layout and hope you come back to see more of what I do. And make sure to check out the Hip kit website for all the beautiful kits, the blog for more inspiration, Instagram and the facebook member forum.

Oh and make sure to come back to see all the lovely sneak peeks of next months kits!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment