Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Pretty Little Studio / I love your smile

Good morning everyone!! How was your 4th of July?? I hope safe and fun and filled with memories. I think this year is the first year that I sat my phone down, this is what I take most of my pictures on, and really didn't take any pictures. I really enjoyed everything like watching the kiddos play and get covered in watermelon juice lol and playing in the pool and everyone enjoying the food and company, but I didn't pick my phone up once to document it and it makes me sad but happy at the same time if that makes since.lol 

Well I am here this morning to share with you my first layout for Pretty Little Studio design team!!! this is a layout I made of one of my daughters, this was just an everyday moment that I caught of her in the backseat of the car when we were going out to run errands. She just looked too cute with that big ol’ smile that I had to scrap it and the You&Me Love Story collection had just the perfect colors and pretty little die-cut clouds! I love those and don’t ever think I’ll be able to get enough!




I used a black and white photo and this is something I do a lot, unless something in the color photo means something to me. I love the fact that using a black and white pic can allow me to use any papers and embellishments that I want, even though this picture would have been fine in color because all the colors were pink and blue! lol
I started this page with a piece of 12×12 American Crafts card-stock and lightly drew out lines at un-even lengths and sewed them with my sewing machine across my page, some what in a way that they would look like sun rays coming out from behind the picture. After that I started layering the pretty You&Me papers behind my photo and then added a 6in Cambridge doily. The I pulled out that lovely set of Cloud9 die-cuts and started placing them around the layout.


When I got the clouds where I wanted I added some 3D foam behind some for some dimension and started placing them down. I wanted a little something across the bottom with a little pop of color there too, so I grabbed some yellow washi from my stash and layered it with the Priceless patterned paper and stitched it across as well.
To finish it all off I grabbed my Love Story word flags and used some of these as my title, something small and understated really, so that the rest of the page was the focus. I punched a few tabs out for above the photo with one of my punches and added some little word stickers from Silly Monkey, Silly Woody Words sticker sheet.


I hope you enjoyed my layout today and I hope you come back to see more! Make sure to head over to the Pretty Little Studio Blog and check out whats going on over there and all the beautiful inspiration!!

Pretty Little Studio Products used:

No comments:

Post a Comment