Monday, September 19, 2016

So the adventure begins/ 12x12 layout Hip Kit DT

Hello everyone, Im sharing a layout today that I created for the Hip Kit Club Design team with the August 2016 kits and cut-files.

My kids have great minds and I love how they show it. My daughter is 3, we were helping my parents pack up their house and she commandeered this box. She drew on it some and then informed us that she was going to the zoo to see the giraffes, So I loved that that was in this months kit!! lol  Anyways, she also told us that she was going to the movies and to Alaska to visit her aunt and a few other places.   


I cut the cut-file out on a piece of American Crafts white cardstock and added pop dots on the back of it after I had chose all the paper strips I wanted to use, a mix of Dear Lizzy, Amy tangerine and Crate paper all from the main kit. I used my water colors and painted some of the cool little flower cut-files and layered them with flowers ad stickers. 


I'm working on my issues, but I dont like having my journaling on my layouts, not showing at least. So I made a little pocket up to the left of the photo and journaled on a tag and stuck it in there. It was either that or on the back and I was happy with it here, lol. I see so many people journal on there layouts and it looks fantastic and then I do it and its like, oh did she let her kid do the journaling for her? lol I mean I guess my handwriting isnt that bad but I'm working on it lol.

I hope you enjoyed my layout and I hope you come back and check out more of what I create! make sure to head over to the Hip Kit blog and check out what all those lovely ladies are coming up with and make sure to grab your kits while you can!!







No comments:

Post a Comment