Friday, November 18, 2016

Thanksgiving Inspired door hanger / Cocoa Daisy DT

Hello!! So whos ready for the Thanksgiving holiday to start?? This girl right here, that who!! lol For us it starts today!! The kiddos headed out to school this morning so excited that break starts when they get out of school today. We have a lot of family stuff planned and I have lots of scrappy stuff planned lol.
Speaking of.....
I'm sharing a door hanger I created with this months Cocoa Daisy Sprinkles kit and the Glazed add-on. The colors are fantastic, I'm not really that traditional so I love the teal popped in here too! I started by butting a cut-file created by Ashley Horton, it says Happy fall y'all, I backed that with the pretty teal paper.


After I did the backing I ran a bunch of the papers threw my silhouette, cutting out a bunch of leaves. I played with the placement for a short period of time and was happy so I lightly glued them down and then sewed threw them all a few times, all the way around in a circle. After I sewed them down I lifted up the edges of the leafs to add come dimension. I loved it already but wanted more to it.


So I thought I'd put a saying on it. And if you know me, I'm a bit goofy and I like things to be fun so I chose a fun little saying. Gobble til you wobble. lol My kids liked it too.


I thought I wanted it out of that pretty yellow, but when I cut it out I realized I didnt like it. So I grabbed the brown paper that looked like leather and thought it would look great and I was way happier with that one!! 


Finishing it off I placed some of the awesome Spiegelmom Scraps sequins here and there around the little leaf wreath and I was happy. 

I had fun with this one, I always love having new home decor for the holidays, now I have family members wanting some too lol. 
Remember to head over to Cocoa Daisy and check out the kits and grab them before there all gone!! And make sure to check back for the new kits for December too!!


No comments:

Post a Comment