Saturday, May 27, 2017

Sketch it out Saturday/ SMS DT Auntie on duty

Good morning everyone!!
 So who is excited that this is a long weekend??!! (Hand in the air, jumping a little!!) lol And oh man, summer started here Friday, so a little more sleeping in and then running around with the kids! So much fun to come this summer!
Well this morning I'm here to share with you a layout and sketch that I crated. 


I play around with making my own sketches off and on all the time. If i'm not in the mood to scrap or just cant actually get in to my scrappy room cause of other things going on, I'll pick up on paper pad and sketch here and there.


Ok, so yes I know this is a goofy picture of my youngest daughter. My sister had come to baby sit so I could get some things done one day and I came back to this. My daughter is really light haired, maybe strawberry blond, and you cant really see her eye brows very well, so my sister thought it would be funny to draw them on with eye liner and have her make faces lol.
Now back to the layout, lol. I started with picking the goofy pic of my daughter, and to be honest, I started with the bottom of my layout, this inst something I normally do. I had grabbed an Amy Tangerine collection, Better together, I wanted bright and playful just like the picture.


I did the strip across the bottom of the layout, added a cut-file I had set to the side, with others I just hadn't used yet. Then I jumped to the top of the layout and started layering my pattern paper strips there and I decided to add cut-file in there too. 
I know in my sketch it shows circles cascading down the layout, but I decided to use squares, this was because I found a cute little cut apart sheet that I wanted to use,lol. 
Then I started layering a frame and a larger ampersand behind my photo, along with a few acetate pieces.



I worked my way down the layout at this point and started to add the circle ephemera and the flowers to the bottom strip. I added my title about that and then my favorite part!! I pulled out my sequins and started to play!!
I used a mix of sequins on this layout, Jaded Hearts, Wild and Free and Gone with the Wind. These colors matched perfectly with this Amy Tan collection and I loved that I got to add a few little flower sequins in there!
Thanks for stopping by and seeing what I made today and I hope to see you play along with this sketch and if youd like a little discount on some SpiegleMom goodies, use this code below when you check out in the shop!





No comments:

Post a Comment