Saturday, May 13, 2017

Sweet photograph/SpiegleMom Scraps DT

Good morning everyone!! Sarah here this morning to share my 1st layout for Spiegelmom Scraps and I'm excited about it!! I hope your Saturday is going well. Last night was a bit rough, we had some nasty weather come threw, but its bright and sunny this morning!
Ok so back to the layout I made, lol. I love to play with sketches! Sometimes I stick really close to them and then other times it ends up looking completely different then the sketch! And I love the fact that a sketch can jump start your creativity when your a bit stuck. This is the sketch I used for the layout I made today:

I found this layout on Pinterest, like I do a lot of my layouts, but it came from ScrapFriends.comAU, unfortunately there isn't a link to the site anymore.

I grabbed an older WeR Memory Keepers paper pad from my stash called It Factor and pulled that stripped paper for the background. Then I reached into my DT pack and grabbed the pretty Shimmerz Texturez in The tide that binds and a stencil from my stash. Instead of checkers on my layout I wanted to use circles, I grabbed a little dabber I have and dipped it in to the texturez and started dabbing away at the bottom side of the page. I loved the way it looked so I added some to the top of my layout too.

I grabbed a few papers out of the paper pad and did a bit of layering behind my photo and added a tab that said love from a little bucket I have with lots of random pieces from random collections from the past, sitting on my desk. I wanted some flowers in on this layout, so I grabbed a pack of flowers that went with an older Maggie Holmes collection and popped one to the left side of my layout along with a cute little sticker from a Dear Lizzy collection. I had 2 collections of sequins that went perfect with this layout, the colors were a perfect match!! Gotta love Emojis and Jaded Hearts! Both collections are so beautiful and added the bling factor that I was wanting. Side note, lol, But I know how Traci Claiborne from the Scrap Gals is always talking about how they don't like to splatter glimmer mist or other mists cause it cant be exact or might mess the layout up, Sequins are a perfect alternate to that!! I think at least lol, different sizes and you can place them where you want, without having to worry about messing anything up!

I added my title off to the right of my picture, those cute acetate words from Pink fresh studio and another leaf from the Maggie Holmes die cut pack. Then I moved to the top of my layout and started layering bits and pieces from the Pink Paislee Cest La Vie ephemera pack and a few more bits from the Maggie Homles ephemers pack. I added a flair button from an old Hip Kit kit and then went to adding more of those beautiful sequins!
I really hope you enjoyed this layout and would love to see you play along with the sketches and your pretty Spiegelmom Scraps stash too! Make sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your creations!!
SpiegleMom Scraps Products I used on this layout:

No comments:

Post a Comment