Saturday, May 20, 2017

Zonked / SpiegelMomScraps DT / Sketch it out Saturday

Good morning everyone! Sarah here this morning to share with you another layout I made with some amazing sequins, felties and a bit of washi.
I picked another of the thousands of sketches I have pinned on Pinterest and played with it and I will share it with you, and I hope you'll play along with me! The layout comes from https://denimtamponsblog.wordpress.com

I had this picture of one of my daughters, she was crashed out on the couch and I thought it was cute so I grabbed it to scrap. My background paper was from We R Memory keepers. I'm still experimenting with mixed media and I loved how this paper had the look of some water color on it already that I didnt have to do. But the sketch still had a messy circle behind everything, so I grabbed my Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Tinsel and did the packaging technique.



I pulled out my With all my heart collection from Pretty little studio and a frame from Simple stories and started playing. The sketch had a tag looking thing behind the photo, so I grabbed a tag from the collection I pulled, the tag wasn't long enough for the photo so I layered a few other papers behind until I got it just how I wanted it.


I didn't adhere anything down to the background at this point because I wanted to do a little stitching where it showed the film strip. I loaded my sewing machine with black thread and did my little stitching and was ready to start taping down my stuff. I started with my frame, then used some 3D foam adhesive to pop up my photo on a tag and adhered that down too.


The sketch had a little red strip at the bottom of the photo, I thought about using washi tape or a strip of paper, but decided I wanted a little more color. So I grabbed some of the labels from the Pretty little Studio collection and layered those under the photo. At this point I couldn't find my white feltie clouds and was kinda freaking out, but as you see I found them!
Where it showed stars and other embellishments on the sketch I decided to used my pretty clouds. I layered a few on the frame and bottom right of the photo, then moved up to the tops right side of the frame. When I added the clouds around the frame I decided to add some washi tape as well. Then went back to adding fluffy clouds to my layout, those tiny little ones are just so cute! I added a big thread nest to the top left of the photo like on the sketch and  I just love using thread on my layouts!
Then came some more fun!! I grabbed several packages of sequins, Gotta love emojisHolly BerriesPurple Rain and Magical Ocean and started to mix and match them and put them all over my layout! Magical Ocean had different sized stars that went perfect with this layout! I added a few work stickers and that was it for this layout!
Thanks so much for checking out what I made today and hope you come back and see what else we have for you to be inspired by!




No comments:

Post a Comment