Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Awesome dude / Creative Scrappers Sketch #307

Hey all! Sarah here this morning to share with you my take on Sketch #307


This sketch was fun for me. I did go through and do a few things different, like only doing 2 photos instead of 3,I went a little bigger with some of the strips and instead of just strips I decided to add some cut-files and back them with some great paper from Crate papers, Cool kid collection.


I did a large, blocked area like in the sketch, behind my photos. I only had 2 photos that I wanted to use so I went through my ephemera pack for this collection and the chipboard sheet and pulled things out that I wanted to use. I liked the goofy Wild thing tag, with my boy and me being goofy and him having his little Mohawk, I thought it was appropriate lol. So thats where I started. Then I moved on to backing my cut-files and laying them down where I wanted them. I wanted to add some more dimension, so I popped the orange cut-file strip up on 3D adhesive. Then I moved on to adding my embellishments.


All those little things I had collected in the beginning, I started playing with and layering them where it showed the clusters in the sketch, But instead of different sized stars, I used the cool chipboard camera and some little ephemera pieces and then added a few of the little sequin stars from the collection.


My little guy isn't so little anymore, so I wanted to add this ruler as on of the strips, kind of marking the fact that hes growing up and getting bigger. Then I popped down my little, Awesome dude title and a few more sequin stars around and was done. I was surprised at myself, not using splatters anywhere, but I thought it might just be to busy with them. lol. 
I hope you play along with us and have fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment