Saturday, June 24, 2017

Sketch it out Saturday/Love you SpieglemomDT

Hello everyone!! I hope your weekend is going good, like I said in my last post, we started out with some bad weather and LOTS of rain! But it looks way better today, so thats a plus!
 This morning I'm here to share with you a sketch from Pagemaps 
that I used for my layout and our theme this month is the 80's and 90's, Now with this layout I used a color pallet to go with the theme. I remember when I was a kid, we always had this furniture that was tan, brown, yellow and little pops of other colors. So I found this collection by Crate paper in my stash and and thought that it matched perfectly with the sequin set, Just beachin it.


Now when it came to the sketch I changed a few things, but not much. I had this picture of my hubby and our youngest and I loved the way the photo and frame were set up in the sketch that I loved, I know my picture was a bit bigger and the way the frame when on the picture it pulled more focus to that part and I loved that.


I I wanted a decorative circle where there was the pie type one on the layout, but I wanted it to be a bit more soft, so I added this cutfile. I backed some of the spaces on the cut file and left the center open because I knew I wanted to add the pretty sequins to the center.



I added more embellishments then the sketch showed, I wanted more flowers and butterflies so I layered them under the frame and on the frame, it added just a little more color and dimension.



I didn't want a solid boarder around the side, So I took all of my scraps and added a tabs in here and there and a cork butterfly, placed them where I wanted around the side and then sewed them down. I went back and added more of the cute sequins around the layout and that was it.
Id love to see what you create with this sketch! And if youd like a bit of a discount when you go get you some goodies from Spieglemom make sure to use this code.



No comments:

Post a Comment