Friday, July 7, 2017

Every book is a new adventure/Fairytale Club DT

Good morning everyone! I hope you had a great 4th of July with friends and family. I was happy that I got to spend it with both and we all had an amazing time!
So this weeks theme for me was "Books" and lucky for me, I just got a few new book and cant wait to start reading. For me, I love ready books that draw you in and make you feel like your in a completely different place! So I choose my title with that in mind.



I decided that I wanted to do block lettering with my title, so I pulled bits from different papers in this months kit and started to cut my title out. I added a very little bit of adhesive to the letters and placed them where I wanted and them I sewed through them, I wanted them to be able to lift off the page a little still, so I didn't add anymore adhesive to my letters.
I had taken my picture of my book already, so I started layering papers behind my photo. Knowing how I had done the title and running through my head what I wanted to do embellishment wise, I chose to put my photo to the bottom right of my layout.
Then I went to fussy cutting the pretty little books out of some of the planner inserts and layering them to the left of my photo along with some fussy cut roses and a beautiful rose ephemera piece.


I liked my layout at this point, but I wanted to use that gold unicorn so bad, so I decided to add little embellishment clusters in a few places around the title.
I added that cute little unicorn, I was dying to use! lol and then of course I had to use those new little wooden buttons that came in this months kit. They are adorable and add dimension and I just love them!


I added hearts to the right of my title. The gold foiling is so pretty! I also cut out a heart from one of the papers and added it, along with another wood button. I thought I would finish off my layout adding some gold Heidi Shine and some of the pretty sequins.
I hope your enjoying your kit this month and I hope that you enjoyed my layout today!

No comments:

Post a Comment