Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Oh my darling/ The Fairytale club DT

Good morning everyone! Sarah here with you this morning to share with you another layout with the "Sweet" kit. I mean have you seen this kit? Have you gotten it for yourself? Omg I just love this kit! The colors are amazing and all the little ephemera is just too cute! I mean theres a unicorn and a little record player, not to mention all the other cute little things like candies and Popsicle!


I don't use a lot of patterned backgrounds unless there black and white, Im branching out and using color cardstock too. lol But I just loved this two toned triangle paper, it jumped out at me so I used it. I added a white card stock boarder behind my photo strip. I grabbed the patterned paper that has the light pink triangle on one end and used that to add another layer. I wanted some of the blue in there too, so I grabbed the bold black, white and blue paper and used it for another layer.


I laid my photo strip where I wanted it and started playing with embellishments. I loved those little candy ephemera with the little heart faves on them but didnt want the actual candy on my layout, so I just cut the centers out of them and used them for embellishments. I did the same thing with the sucker. I wanted a few more and a bit of a bigger one, so I grabbed some of my planner pages and cut some of the bigger ones out too. I popped a few up on foam adhesive to give some dimension. I had already cut my title out on my Silhouette, do I put it at the bottom of my layout, since it was so big. Plus it gave me another place to embellish. I wanted some more of the blue color on my layout, so I cut some 1/4 inch strips and added them down by my title. I thought I was going to just add them there, but I liked it and decided I wanted some more of it, So I went back and cut some more and added two more strips under my photo and then up to the top left hand side. 


At this point I liked my layout but it felt like it was missing something, so I jumped back on my Silhouette and cut out that stripped heart and backed it with the white patterned paper that looked like it had brush stroked on it in all the different colors. Once I had that backed, I added it  behind my photo strip and I loved the way that looked. Then I decided to add some stitching to add some texture. So I just machine stitched along my little blue strip. 
I have a habit of using my color shine and shimmerz sprays to add splatters to my layouts, so I thought I would go a little different route this time. So I punched a few circles out from my white card stock and added them to my layout instead and to finish it all off I added a few light pink enamel dots from my stash. 
I really had fun going a bit of a different route for me for this layout. I hope you enjoyed it too! 



No comments:

Post a Comment