Saturday, November 4, 2017

Cat Girl / Shimmerz Paintz

Good morning everyone! 
This morning Im sharing a layout I made with some beautiful Shimmerz products and some of the September release from SpieglemomScraps 



I wanted to try another way to do a background using my mists, so I spritzed the colors I wanted on a circle pieces of cardboard I had in my stash, it had a white coat over the cardboard so I thought it would be fun to see how it would do transferring it to a piece of paper. So once I has the colors sprayed, I spritzed it with some water and then layed my cardstock on top of it. Some of it looked more saturated then others, but I loved the way it looked and that it actually left a circle shape. 


Once that dried I pulled out my sewing machine and added some stitching around the circle in black and started playing with my sequins! I mixed Painted Garden, Aquarius and Fairy Garden and added them all around the stitched circle. The colors of the sequins were a perfect match for the sprays I used and it looked amazing!


I figured at this point I needed to chose photos and a collection to use, lol. I never start a layout this way, but it was fun to do it all backwards for myself! I pulled some pics from Snap chat and matted them to look like a photo strip and started layering papers that matched the background.


I pulled out some frames and since I had cat ears in my pictures I decided I was going to use some of the cats from my stash. It also gave me my title. A little goofy, but I chose cat girl, lol and instead of using the word for cat I added the stickers and chipboard cat faces.

I added a few strips of paper to the left of the layout and added some more of the cats there and added in some of the star stickers and at this point I was happy with the way my layout looked and stopped. I have the habit of keeping on adding more and more embellishments! lol, so I stopped myself and that was it for this one!
And remember. when your checking out over at Shimmerzpaints.com make sure to add my name in the comment section and get a free gift with your purchase!!

No comments:

Post a Comment