Saturday, December 2, 2017

Scrappy Saturday- Christmas Kitty SpieglemomScraps DT

Good morning scrappy friends! I hope your weekend has been going good! We have a few Christmas parades to go to this weekend and the kids are so excited for them!
Today Im here to share with you a layout I made using some beautiful Sequins and a collection from Bella Blvd, Holly Jolly Christmas. I used Shabby Chic Christmas Some navy sequins from Puppy dog Tails and Hustle Bustle and these sequin collections went perfectly with the Bella collection I chose to use!
This month were also focusing on using our tools. Well to be honest, I dont have a lot of scrappy tools. I used my scissors a lot, my sewing machine and my punches. So I decided to make a big shaker pocket for this layout. I used an 8.5x11 page protector and filled it with my pretty sequins and sewed it shut. I loved all the colors mixed together and that there was a large amount of them on my layout, the more sequins the better, lol!

 I never start with my sequins, I always save them for last, just because I love to add all the pretty sparkles, but this time I started with my large shaker pocket.
When I had my shaker pocket down, I pulled out papers from Holly Jolly Christmas and started to cut some triangles in different sizes to make into Christmas trees.

When I had the trees cut to the sizes I wanted I added a little adhesive to the back, not a lot because I knew I  wanted to sew threw them. I matted my photo of my kitty under the tree sleeping, with some of the red that I used for some of the trees and popped it up on 3d adhesive and stuck it down.
I sewed through my trees and lifted there sides up a bit to add some dimension and moved to my title. I pulled the word Christmas from the die cut pack from this collection and added it down under the middle of my photo and added kitty in some green alphas. I thought I was done but I saw those cute bows clips and decided I would add a few to the tops of my trees. So I popped them off there clips and added two to my trees and that was it for me!
I love, love ,love these sequin mixes I used! I think Hustle Bustle is one of my favs right now, and all three sequin mixes worked great with this collection! Thanks for stopping by and checking out what I made today and I hope you have a great rest of your weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment