Wednesday, February 28, 2018

My Hero/Bella Blvd DT


Good morning everyone! Sarah here to day to share a simple layout about my dad with you, using the new Dad style collection.
 I love this collection and there are so many things that can be done with it, but I chose to so a simple and clean layout this time around about my dad saving an eagle when I was younger.I wanted my photo to be the focal point. When I started my layout I chose to pull a few papers and layer them behind my picture. I also knew going into this that I wanted to use the My Hero from the Daily Details paper as my title so I had placed that to the left of my photo and its layers.

After I had my photo and title square down, I added a few strips of pattern paper to the top and bottom of the layout, roughing up the edges as I went, I love the little bit of texture that this adds to a layout,especially a simple one. Once I had the paper added to the top and bottom, I moved back in to embellishing.

I used a few of my circle punches from my stash and punched out different sized and patterned circles and popped them down here and there on my layout. I love using messy splatters usually, but I wanted more color added to this layout with it being so simple and I wanted to have control over there the circles went all together. After I had placed them, I pulled out my sticker sheet and added the man circle sticker with the mustache and the legendary sticker. When I added the legendary sticker I added a paper strep with it. I added some of the little circles onto the My Hero card Id chosen to use for my title, along with the protector sticker there as well. 
I thought all the little stickers and title I chose to use went well with this photo and added my journaling on the back of my layout. I always remember my dad being a protector when I was growing up and when he saved this eagle, to me he was my hero, I loved hoe compassionate he was. The eagle had flown into a power pole and got its talon stuck in it wing, my dad had manage to keep the eagle calm and get his talon out of his wing while he waited for animal control got there. I just remembering watching him and think how amazing he was for how he handled the situation and I loved the fact that I finally did a layout about it!

  
Dad Style collection, exclusive collection kit bonus pattern paper, Boarders, Story teller, Daily details, Dressed to impress, Cardstock stickers, ephemera pack

No comments:

Post a Comment